Skip to main content

Lights, camera, action!

Let's just start this entry out with a moonlit view of the cabin from last night:



This weekend's trip was primarily for Eliot to work on shooting scenes for the film he's making for class. We got here yesterday to prepare. In the evening, I took the shot above, and a couple of the night sky, including the lunar eclipse.


Eliot shot this sunset time lapse.



A first for this trip was that I brought up a folding bed. I slept better!

We woke up to a gorgeous sunrise.

While he is out adventuring on snowmobiles, I installed new receptacles in the attic. That lets me move the WiFi router and printer up and out of the way.



The main motivation, though, was to run power through the gable to supply the webcam, so I can enjoy the views while I'm at work. I got the branch circuit done, drilled the hole in the gable, routed the wire, installed the camera mount, and then, on the way out the door to install the camera, I fumbled it onto a cinder block and parts fell out. Awww.

While I had the ladder out, I went around to the south side of the house and hung the floodlight fixture.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances and mirrors

In pursuit of being ready for final, I came up and installed the fridge and dishwasher with Jeff. We hung mirrors in the bathrooms.

It is DONE!

The final inspection was today. This guy is Levi, the county inspector, and as you can see, we passed! He only had two questions for me. One was about the energy efficiency credits and the blower door test, for which I had the compensating paperwork for the low-flow faucets already prepared. The second was asking for a smoke detector outside the bedroom; I pointed up and he saw that we already had one tucked into the alcove. And that was that! I got up at 5am to be certain I'd be here before the inspector, and I was ... by about five hours. In that time, I took another truckload of tool buckets down to the storage container, then picked up all the floor protection in the great room and vacuumed and mopped. It's glowing! Then I went back down to the storage container to get a hammer so I could glue in 32 wood plugs to cover the screws for the french doors. I fought with installing the screens, but the frames are too big! The manufacturer said "yeah we don't even make th...

First tile

Saturday   Tile! Christina got some tile installed this weekend! Jon was racing ahead trying to get backer board down. I had to finish a couple pieces in the main bathroom before anything could be done. Then I got the laundry room filled in.   Hector and his son Robert came over from Yakima to provide initial tile instruction.   The first step was to get all the tile for the floor laid out and edges cut.   Jon had purchased most of the rest of the Ipe deck surface boards in Seattle this week and hauled them up on the trailer. Each 18 foot board weights fifty pounds! Siobhan helped me unload them and stack them under the eaves. Sunday We came back for another morning of work. Christina got almost done thinsetting the first bathroom floor. Jon finished tuning up the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom and getting the backer rock board installed. Siggy and Jon took another little bite out of the deck, cutting the first five joists.