Skip to main content

Siding Chapter III

 Friday

Drove the lift in and stopped at the bottom of the hill to take this glamour shot.



We installed the second level window head casing on the north wall.


Detailing in the plumbing vent.


Time to take out the trash.


Saturday


Guinivere and Eliot finished up some detailing on the east wall.



My mom came up; niece Bri went for a swing. Bri brought her dog Mozy.


Second layer, east wall. These were all single-cut rectangles; no windows or other details. Hooray!

Sunday



It didn't take long to wrap up the east wall.


We took a lunchtime break to shoot some senior portraits.


...and then back into grubby clothes to work on the third row of siding for the north wall.


We're still missing a few details at the top of the north wall, plus the panels where the front door will go, and the panel on the corner that will get installed after the temporary ground wire is removed. But besides those omissions, that's three walls with siding!

Next weekend: the big window wall on the south side.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances and mirrors

In pursuit of being ready for final, I came up and installed the fridge and dishwasher with Jeff. We hung mirrors in the bathrooms.

It is DONE!

The final inspection was today. This guy is Levi, the county inspector, and as you can see, we passed! He only had two questions for me. One was about the energy efficiency credits and the blower door test, for which I had the compensating paperwork for the low-flow faucets already prepared. The second was asking for a smoke detector outside the bedroom; I pointed up and he saw that we already had one tucked into the alcove. And that was that! I got up at 5am to be certain I'd be here before the inspector, and I was ... by about five hours. In that time, I took another truckload of tool buckets down to the storage container, then picked up all the floor protection in the great room and vacuumed and mopped. It's glowing! Then I went back down to the storage container to get a hammer so I could glue in 32 wood plugs to cover the screws for the french doors. I fought with installing the screens, but the frames are too big! The manufacturer said "yeah we don't even make th...

First tile

Saturday   Tile! Christina got some tile installed this weekend! Jon was racing ahead trying to get backer board down. I had to finish a couple pieces in the main bathroom before anything could be done. Then I got the laundry room filled in.   Hector and his son Robert came over from Yakima to provide initial tile instruction.   The first step was to get all the tile for the floor laid out and edges cut.   Jon had purchased most of the rest of the Ipe deck surface boards in Seattle this week and hauled them up on the trailer. Each 18 foot board weights fifty pounds! Siobhan helped me unload them and stack them under the eaves. Sunday We came back for another morning of work. Christina got almost done thinsetting the first bathroom floor. Jon finished tuning up the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom and getting the backer rock board installed. Siggy and Jon took another little bite out of the deck, cutting the first five joists.