Skip to main content

Hanging some chandeliers



 

 

Saturday

Siggy & Jon assembled the big chandelier.

 

 
Siggy's day started with a bear-shaped pancake at Sunset Cafe, which he was pretty pleased with.

  

Jon rode the elevator to the top floor, the 29 foot level, to hang the chandelier.

 
Siggy looked on from the 15 foot level, where he was filling nail holes.
 
   



Siggy and Jon built the scaffolding for installing the balcony chandeliers.

We also added a bit of sealant and re-tested the lower shower pan. It passed the test. We need to add a layer of membrane to be certain the fix lasts.

Sunday

Jeremy flew over the cabin on his way home from a New York adventure in his Cardinal.

Christina and Siggy fixed sunken outlets (where the drywall guys cut too big a hole). They installed switches and a fixture in the utility closet on the route to the big chandelier.


Siggy built the little chandeliers and Jon hung them.


Siggy assembled the glass and bulbs on the big chandelier.


 
...and puttied some more nail holes.



Jon sanded and oiled collar ties in the girls' bunkroom.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances and mirrors

In pursuit of being ready for final, I came up and installed the fridge and dishwasher with Jeff. We hung mirrors in the bathrooms.

It is DONE!

The final inspection was today. This guy is Levi, the county inspector, and as you can see, we passed! He only had two questions for me. One was about the energy efficiency credits and the blower door test, for which I had the compensating paperwork for the low-flow faucets already prepared. The second was asking for a smoke detector outside the bedroom; I pointed up and he saw that we already had one tucked into the alcove. And that was that! I got up at 5am to be certain I'd be here before the inspector, and I was ... by about five hours. In that time, I took another truckload of tool buckets down to the storage container, then picked up all the floor protection in the great room and vacuumed and mopped. It's glowing! Then I went back down to the storage container to get a hammer so I could glue in 32 wood plugs to cover the screws for the french doors. I fought with installing the screens, but the frames are too big! The manufacturer said "yeah we don't even make th...

First tile

Saturday   Tile! Christina got some tile installed this weekend! Jon was racing ahead trying to get backer board down. I had to finish a couple pieces in the main bathroom before anything could be done. Then I got the laundry room filled in.   Hector and his son Robert came over from Yakima to provide initial tile instruction.   The first step was to get all the tile for the floor laid out and edges cut.   Jon had purchased most of the rest of the Ipe deck surface boards in Seattle this week and hauled them up on the trailer. Each 18 foot board weights fifty pounds! Siobhan helped me unload them and stack them under the eaves. Sunday We came back for another morning of work. Christina got almost done thinsetting the first bathroom floor. Jon finished tuning up the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom and getting the backer rock board installed. Siggy and Jon took another little bite out of the deck, cutting the first five joists.