Skip to main content

Bits and pieces

 We needed to install a new hatch door for the crawlspace. We had a huge opening for installing the HVAC equipment. We made a new door with a smaller people-hatch in it so it would be easy to enter the crawlspace without lifting an 80 pound panel.




Siggy planted this dead tree.



We re-routed the dehumidifier hose to the indoor drain.


We replaced the gasket in our main floor shower pan and re-tested it. It failed.


Sunday
 
We checked the upstairs shower pan, and it passed just fine. Whew.
 
 
 
Siggy drilled a hole in the crawlspace hatch to act as a handle.
 
 

Christina removed masking tape that Jon had left on the wall far too long.


Siobhan filled nail holes with putty and showed Jon how to do the same. Here we're at the 23-foot level, hiding holes in windows where you couldn't have seen them anyway. But we know.
 

Siggy split some firewood into kindling just in time for the burn ban.

 

Christina tackled more masking tape detail work.

 

Siobhan made a nice bouquet for the table (saw).

Jon got the rest of the main room collar ties finished.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances and mirrors

In pursuit of being ready for final, I came up and installed the fridge and dishwasher with Jeff. We hung mirrors in the bathrooms.

It is DONE!

The final inspection was today. This guy is Levi, the county inspector, and as you can see, we passed! He only had two questions for me. One was about the energy efficiency credits and the blower door test, for which I had the compensating paperwork for the low-flow faucets already prepared. The second was asking for a smoke detector outside the bedroom; I pointed up and he saw that we already had one tucked into the alcove. And that was that! I got up at 5am to be certain I'd be here before the inspector, and I was ... by about five hours. In that time, I took another truckload of tool buckets down to the storage container, then picked up all the floor protection in the great room and vacuumed and mopped. It's glowing! Then I went back down to the storage container to get a hammer so I could glue in 32 wood plugs to cover the screws for the french doors. I fought with installing the screens, but the frames are too big! The manufacturer said "yeah we don't even make th...

First tile

Saturday   Tile! Christina got some tile installed this weekend! Jon was racing ahead trying to get backer board down. I had to finish a couple pieces in the main bathroom before anything could be done. Then I got the laundry room filled in.   Hector and his son Robert came over from Yakima to provide initial tile instruction.   The first step was to get all the tile for the floor laid out and edges cut.   Jon had purchased most of the rest of the Ipe deck surface boards in Seattle this week and hauled them up on the trailer. Each 18 foot board weights fifty pounds! Siobhan helped me unload them and stack them under the eaves. Sunday We came back for another morning of work. Christina got almost done thinsetting the first bathroom floor. Jon finished tuning up the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom and getting the backer rock board installed. Siggy and Jon took another little bite out of the deck, cutting the first five joists.