Skip to main content

Door casing trim

Sunday
 
Jon brought Siobhan and her friends up for a snowy visit and campfire.

 

I didn't get much done, but I did install this brown 3D printed box to cover the rough-in box for the balcony receptacle.

 

Tuesday

Jeff came up and we got to work on the door trims. We got the legs put in all the upstairs doors and got a start on the downstairs cabinet area.



One of the things I failed to do on Sunday was diagnose why the wifi repeater wasn't working. I spent another hour failing to figure it out today.

Thursday

I came across a herd of about 20 elk when I dropped the sleds off for service in town.

 



Jeff and I got through some of the tough scribed pieces in the very tight space around the linen cabinet downstairs.

I finally diagnosed the WiFi problem. It turned out that I was trying to point the directional antenna through the window, and I think the window has a metallic coating to improve infrared efficiency. Moving the antenna a couple feet to the left, so it was only looking through insulation and plywood, got it working again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances and mirrors

In pursuit of being ready for final, I came up and installed the fridge and dishwasher with Jeff. We hung mirrors in the bathrooms.

It is DONE!

The final inspection was today. This guy is Levi, the county inspector, and as you can see, we passed! He only had two questions for me. One was about the energy efficiency credits and the blower door test, for which I had the compensating paperwork for the low-flow faucets already prepared. The second was asking for a smoke detector outside the bedroom; I pointed up and he saw that we already had one tucked into the alcove. And that was that! I got up at 5am to be certain I'd be here before the inspector, and I was ... by about five hours. In that time, I took another truckload of tool buckets down to the storage container, then picked up all the floor protection in the great room and vacuumed and mopped. It's glowing! Then I went back down to the storage container to get a hammer so I could glue in 32 wood plugs to cover the screws for the french doors. I fought with installing the screens, but the frames are too big! The manufacturer said "yeah we don't even make th...

First tile

Saturday   Tile! Christina got some tile installed this weekend! Jon was racing ahead trying to get backer board down. I had to finish a couple pieces in the main bathroom before anything could be done. Then I got the laundry room filled in.   Hector and his son Robert came over from Yakima to provide initial tile instruction.   The first step was to get all the tile for the floor laid out and edges cut.   Jon had purchased most of the rest of the Ipe deck surface boards in Seattle this week and hauled them up on the trailer. Each 18 foot board weights fifty pounds! Siobhan helped me unload them and stack them under the eaves. Sunday We came back for another morning of work. Christina got almost done thinsetting the first bathroom floor. Jon finished tuning up the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom and getting the backer rock board installed. Siggy and Jon took another little bite out of the deck, cutting the first five joists.