Skip to main content

New footer forms, more mud in the shop

First stop, gas and clean windows. Our new toilet rode up with us.


On the way up we watched a train, which blew its whistle loud for Siggy:


 First order of business was a dump run.


Eliot helped Guinivere keep the tunes spinnin'.


We got some mud on the walls.


Siobhan tried her hand at rearranging the concrete blocks.


Jon, Siggy and Eliot worked on the footer forms.


The wildlife we caught on the trail cameras was familiar:




We even got some video of one of the beasts howling!


While we were there, Eliot stumbled into a windfall. Calvin's friend was getting rid of a sled, and passed it down to Eliot!



Eliot, Guinivere, Siggy and Jon stayed the night. We stayed up a little too late playing cards.


On Sunday, Siggy and Eliot finished up the footer forms.


Jon slapped some more mud on the shop walls.



Guinivere definitely didn't fall asleep on the drive home.



Comments

  1. Sounds like a really fun and productive weekend. Don't think I've ever seen Guinivere so zonked! 🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances and mirrors

In pursuit of being ready for final, I came up and installed the fridge and dishwasher with Jeff. We hung mirrors in the bathrooms.

It is DONE!

The final inspection was today. This guy is Levi, the county inspector, and as you can see, we passed! He only had two questions for me. One was about the energy efficiency credits and the blower door test, for which I had the compensating paperwork for the low-flow faucets already prepared. The second was asking for a smoke detector outside the bedroom; I pointed up and he saw that we already had one tucked into the alcove. And that was that! I got up at 5am to be certain I'd be here before the inspector, and I was ... by about five hours. In that time, I took another truckload of tool buckets down to the storage container, then picked up all the floor protection in the great room and vacuumed and mopped. It's glowing! Then I went back down to the storage container to get a hammer so I could glue in 32 wood plugs to cover the screws for the french doors. I fought with installing the screens, but the frames are too big! The manufacturer said "yeah we don't even make th...

First tile

Saturday   Tile! Christina got some tile installed this weekend! Jon was racing ahead trying to get backer board down. I had to finish a couple pieces in the main bathroom before anything could be done. Then I got the laundry room filled in.   Hector and his son Robert came over from Yakima to provide initial tile instruction.   The first step was to get all the tile for the floor laid out and edges cut.   Jon had purchased most of the rest of the Ipe deck surface boards in Seattle this week and hauled them up on the trailer. Each 18 foot board weights fifty pounds! Siobhan helped me unload them and stack them under the eaves. Sunday We came back for another morning of work. Christina got almost done thinsetting the first bathroom floor. Jon finished tuning up the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom and getting the backer rock board installed. Siggy and Jon took another little bite out of the deck, cutting the first five joists.