Skip to main content

Dried in! Window framing. Chimney.

So the really big news is from last Friday: the framers completed the plywoodr sheeting, and the roofer came up and got the 'ice & snow' synthetic roof felt down over it.

This is exciting: the roofers will be back in a week or two with metal, but it'll be raining by then. Because the wood is protected, they can go ahead with the metal anyway. Yay!

Monday

The framers continued on to frame out the fancy triangle windows in the front. Wow, it looks good!



You had to be there Monday. By Tuesday it was all covered up with plywood, in preparation for housewrap, which protects the sides of the structure from water through the winter -- or however long until we install windows and siding.

Tuesday

I came up tonight to sleep here for a plumber meeting in Ellensburg tomorrow morning. I used the visit to do a few errands: put diesel in the forklift, move some tools down to the house, and fix up one erroneous hold-down strap before the tyvek covers it.

Then I got down to business preparing the chimney and its support box that has to get fastened into the roof before the roofers add metal.




Nice.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Appliances and mirrors

In pursuit of being ready for final, I came up and installed the fridge and dishwasher with Jeff. We hung mirrors in the bathrooms.

It is DONE!

The final inspection was today. This guy is Levi, the county inspector, and as you can see, we passed! He only had two questions for me. One was about the energy efficiency credits and the blower door test, for which I had the compensating paperwork for the low-flow faucets already prepared. The second was asking for a smoke detector outside the bedroom; I pointed up and he saw that we already had one tucked into the alcove. And that was that! I got up at 5am to be certain I'd be here before the inspector, and I was ... by about five hours. In that time, I took another truckload of tool buckets down to the storage container, then picked up all the floor protection in the great room and vacuumed and mopped. It's glowing! Then I went back down to the storage container to get a hammer so I could glue in 32 wood plugs to cover the screws for the french doors. I fought with installing the screens, but the frames are too big! The manufacturer said "yeah we don't even make th...

First tile

Saturday   Tile! Christina got some tile installed this weekend! Jon was racing ahead trying to get backer board down. I had to finish a couple pieces in the main bathroom before anything could be done. Then I got the laundry room filled in.   Hector and his son Robert came over from Yakima to provide initial tile instruction.   The first step was to get all the tile for the floor laid out and edges cut.   Jon had purchased most of the rest of the Ipe deck surface boards in Seattle this week and hauled them up on the trailer. Each 18 foot board weights fifty pounds! Siobhan helped me unload them and stack them under the eaves. Sunday We came back for another morning of work. Christina got almost done thinsetting the first bathroom floor. Jon finished tuning up the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom and getting the backer rock board installed. Siggy and Jon took another little bite out of the deck, cutting the first five joists.